Saturday 4 September 2010

It's a love/hate relationship.

Gosh, I'm just looking at my timetable for this school year and I feel it's going to be a tough year. The school have decided to do the tough GCSE work and exams this year, giving us less to do next year. I have to buy  7 folders this year! ( History, Drama, R.E, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and posssibly Welsh). Fortuantly  my English teacher has saved money and another folder by deciding to make us write all of our work on paper, then sticking it in a box. And our corsework is done in school, under exam rules, and then my English teacher puts it in a safe. Crazy, isn't it? I'm not sure if the coursework for other lessons is done in school, but I think it is.

Anyway, back to the timetable. Because I have taken Double Science, I've got 7 lessons of science per week. 2 Chemistry, 2 Physics (in a double lesson - oh please!) and 2 Biology. The extra lesson is either Physics, Chemistry or Biology. It sorta goes in a rota. This week, I had Physics. Next week, it'll be Chemistry. The week after that, I'll have biology, and then it goes back to Physics again the next week.

But, on the bright side, I have 3 lessons of Drama per week, 3 R.E and 3 History, and 4 English. Yay!

I'd like to know what you have chosen if you are in year 10 or 11 doing your GCSE'S. Or if you are in university, what are you studying? And even if you aren't a student, if you could go to college or school again, what would you study?

-Turtle :)

3 comments:

  1. Dude... you have a lot of science classes O_O

    Well....school has been over for me now for... over four years :O
    Buuuuutt, while thar - i did:
    The compulsory classes: P.E, R.E, Citizenship, Double Science, English Lit, Englis Lang, Math (eugh >_<)

    My electives were: ICT GNVQ (was well hard! but you got 4 GCSE's just for the one course) History, Art and lastly - Child Dev (not my choice! i was late applying for my fourth one, and got stuck with it. My bad...)

    Then in college, which i finished July 09 - i did one year First Diploma and two years National Diploma in Art and Design. We had classes such as: Painting, sculpture, life class (seriously, drawing nekkid men is not as fun as you may think >_<) print making, photography and art history.
    Then on Wednesday afternons and in evenings there were optional clases such as: technical drawing, animation, textiles and woodworking. As well as non-arty-farty things like: fencing, tennis and archery (wow, that last list makes my college sound so posh O_O Lol!)

    and now.... no idea XD i be working in a shop at the mo - glamourous life as a cashier, and looking into course with ICS or anothe rhome learning Uni/College, as moving away from my family and city isn't really an option for meh at the mo...

    So yeah. Thats my not-so-awesome life =P Did i bore you with my MAHOOSIVE essay? Haha XD

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Random, yeah the extra lessons of science may nearly kill me, but I need good GCSE results if I wanna get into a decent university to study dentistry.. so, i guess you gotta do what you gotta do (and it gives you 2 GCSE's).

    I have similar compulsary classes to you, P.E, English (Lit and Language are mixed into the one lesson) Maths, ( bleugh!) Welsh (I go to a fluent Welsh school where they constantly nag you to speak welsh) ICT is also a compulsary class, and R.E and Citizenship is mixed in with health into a class called ABCH (CH is a letter in the welsh alphabet - but it sounds like your hacking something up O_O) and we can take a GCSE in R.E if you wish.

    Oh I really feel sorry for you with the tough ICT and the Child Dev. Having a 30 hour examination when you take care of some robot baby is not my cup of tea. Sim babies are tough enough! :L My friend was unlucky and wasnt able to take a subject she wanted - she took spanish, changed her mind and wanted Business Studies, but the class was too full. So she's stuck with Spanish and she's miserable even though her class might be going to Spain on a educational trip.Lucky bugger!

    Your college does sound posh, with the fencing and archery. Lol. And the thought of drawing naked men doesnt sound fun at all. It seems rather awkward to be honest.

    Ooh, cashiering is glamourous isnt it? I hope you find something you're interested in for a Uni/Colllege soon.

    And dont worry, I found your essay very interesting, dont worry :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! My essay was Interesting =D (makes a change, Lol!)

    You wanna go into dentistry? Cool. My Dad is a Dental Technician - he makes all the stuffs; like braces, false teeth, prosthetics, caps, etc.
    How long will you have to study for, to be an actual dentist?

    I take it you live in Wales then?
    Glad somebody else knows what Citizenship is, though. Everytime i mention that class everybody goes "Whhaaat..??" *blank face*

    The ICT was tough, but it was actually my favourite class ironically :) Child Dev sucked - and we didn't even do the "fake baby" thing. Apparently the school's supply of dolls "got lost" or summat stupid >_< we basically just read a load of baby books, and then did essays and exams on them.... that was it.

    Trust me, the college was not posh. And the naked man we had to draw had a "Prince Albert" (word of warning!! if ya don't know what this is... DO NOT look it up! You will be scarred for life >_< and if you do what this is... well.. you've already been scarred for life XD)

    Have you actually already started up school again? Or was this info just given to you at orientation? X

    ReplyDelete